Visit the Koala Hospital
The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital is open and welcomes visitors wanting to see and learn more about our Koalas!
Welcome! The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital offers a self-guided outdoor experience.Self Guided Tour Download
Located in the grounds of the beautiful historic Roto House, we are open every day 8:30am to 4pm (except Christmas Day when we are closed) You can download our Self Guided Tour Information below. It's great to print and bring along with you for your visit!
Open 8.30am - 4pm DailyFind us on Google Maps
The Koala Hospital consists of exhibit enclosures, a treatment clinic, intensive care units and rehabilitation yards, many of which have trees for koalas to learn to climb as part of the rehabilitation process. There is also a Koalaseum - a museum for Koalas which provides information on koala evolution and biology and interactive displays so visitors can touch koala fur or look down a microscope at koala poos (scat). As well as the Koalaseum, we have a gift shop, where you can pick up a souvenir or gift for a friend or family member.
COVID-19 changes and precautions for visitor and staff safety
- If you are unwell or have been asked to self-isolate, please stay away until you are healthy.
- The souvenir shop will be cashless and only accept credit or debit card payments.
- Signage explaining that guests are not to enter if they have been asked to self-isolate
- Signage reminding people of the need to social distance and to use the hand wash sanitiser provided for visitors.
- Social distancing: all visitors (unless from the same household) are required to maintain 1.5metres physical distance at all times.
- Cleaning through the koala walkway will be conducted regularly throughout the day.
- Public toilets are cleaned daily by professional cleaners.There are ways for you to help us slow the impact of these threats. Here are three of the biggest, most significant ways you can help us today!
Book a Guided Group Tour
Enjoy a personalised tour with an experienced, knowledgeable guide.
- 45-minute tour, weekdays only (excluding public holidays and school holidays)
- 25 maximum per group. Cost $150 per group. This fee assists us in caring for the sick and injured koalas in our care.
Fill out the form below or contact email@example.com to book your personalised group tour.
We require at least 2 weeks notice to arrange guided tours.
Book a presentation
We can visit your school, service club or business to present an informative talk on koalas and the work of the Koala Hospital. An experienced, knowledgeable speaker is available to visit on weekdays at a cost that will assist us in caring for the sick and injured koalas in our care.
Fill out the form below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We require at least 2 weeks notice to arrange a presentation.
Commercial Filming at the Koala Hospital
While the Koala Hospital welcomes commercial filming at our facility
in Port Macquarie, an application must be completed to the NSW
Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (Environment, Energy
and Science Group). More information is available here.
For further information or to arrange access, please contact Sue Ashton: email@example.com
Coffee Caravan at Roto House
Don’t forget to visit the onsite cafe, a cute vintage look caravan, situated on the lush lawns of the historical Roto House and right beside our Koala Hospital. Surrounded by National Parks grounds, amongst tall trees and birdlife, there's no better place to enjoy a delicious cuppa, cool drink, ice cream or locally sourced treats.
With plenty of wide open space, easy parking, picnic rugs, tables and seating for everyone, this is a lovely place to relax in nature on your next visit to us. Serving 7 days a week.
Off peak (March - November) 8:30am - 3pm Peak (December - February) 8am - 4:30pm